Robert Schaedel, DMD, MD
Robert Schaedel, DMD, MD is a dual degree, board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon who has been practicing since 1996.
Originally from Massapequa, New York and West Simsbury, Connecticut, Dr. Schaedel relocated to Florida in 2012 after sixteen years of private practice in Southern Maine. His move to Florida was prompted by a great school match for the unique educational needs of both his children, as well as his desire to be closer to family and friends.
Dr. Schaedel received his BS in Biology from St. Lawrence University in Canton, New York. He received his MD and DMD from the University of Connecticut. Following completion of a one year general surgery residency and a four year Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency at the University of Connecticut, Dr. Schaedel briefly practiced in Massachusetts, before entering and further developing a thriving private practice in Portland, Maine. In addition to private practice, for many years Dr. Schaedel was the Chief, Division of Oral Surgery and Dentistry at Mercy Hospital in Portland, Maine. He is the past President of both the Greater Portland Dental Society as well as the York County Dental Society. He is the past President and member of the Anesthesia Committee for the Maine State Board of Dental Examiners. He was a member of the Maine Cleft lip and Palate Team. Rob was an instructor of Advanced Cardiac Life Support. He volunteered at the Dental Wellness Center in Biddeford, Maine and also volunteered on various overseas surgical trips to address cleft lip and palate deformities.
Dr. Schaedel is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology, Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Member of the American Dental Association, Member of the American Medical Association, Fellow of the Academy of Dentistry International, Fellow of the International College of Dentists, Fellow of the Academy of Osseointegration, and a Fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy.
Since joining the practice, Dr. Schaedel has joined the staff at Delray Medical Center where he participates on facial trauma call. He is active in local, state, national and international societies and continuing education clubs.
- 1980-1984: St Lawrence University, Canton, NY, BS.
- 1986-1990: University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, DMD.
- 1991-1993: University of Connecticut School of Medicine, MD.
- 1990-1995: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Resident, University of Connecticut School of Medicine.
Former Clinical Instructor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
Delray Medical Center.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- South Palm Beach County Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- International Team for Implantology
- 2015: A Potpourri of Hospital Oral Surgery Cases, Central Palm Beach Dental Association, West Palm Beach, Florida
- 2011: The History of Anesthesia at the York County Dental Society, Sanford, Maine
- 2002: Astra Tech Dental Implants: A surgical Perspective at the Brigham and Woman’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- 2000: Head and Neck Infections: A Review at the Physician Assistant Symposium at Colby College, Waterville, Maine
- 1999: Astra Tech Dental Implants: A surgical Perspective at the Brigham and Woman’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1999: Head and Neck Infections: A Review, Maine Medical Center ER Grand Rounds, Portland, Maine
- 1998: Access Osteotomies of the Facial Skeleton at the Greater Portland Dental Society, Portland, Maine
- 1997: Local Anesthesia Blocks for the Orofacial Region at the Emergency Medicine Symposium at Colby College, Waterville, Maine
- 1997: Submandibular Intubation, Maine Medical Center Anesthesia Grand Rounds, Portland, Maine
- 1996: Local Anesthesia Blocks for the Orofacial Region, Maine Medical Center ER Grand Rounds, Portland, Maine
- 1996: Submandibular Intubation, Grand Rounds, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1994: Biomechanical Comparison of Bicortical Screw and Monocortical Plate Fixation of Sagittal Split Osteotomies, CSOMS Annual Meeting, Meridian, Connecticut
- 1994: Biomechanical Comparison of Bicortical Screw and Monocortical Plate Fixation of Sagittal Split Osteotomies, AAOMS Annual Meeting, Denver, Colorado
- 1988: Cephalometric Analysis of the Prader – Willi Syndrome at the AADE/IADR Annual Meeting, Montreal, Quebec
- 1988: Cephalometric Analysis of the Prader – Willi Syndrome for the Prader-Willi Syndrome Association Annual Scientific Conference at the University of Kentucky School of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky
- 1987: In Vivo Passage and Encapsulation of Bacteria Associated with Abscesses at the AADR/IADR Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois
- 1997: Schaedel R, Goldberg M: Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia of B-cell origin: Case reports, update, and oral implications. JADA, 1997
- 1994: Schaedel R, Shafer D, Piecuch J, Ghim S: Biomechanical Comparisonof Bicortical Screw and Fixation of Sagittal Split Osteotomies. Journal of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery. 52: suppl 2; 136-137, 1994
- 1990: Schaedel R, Poole A, Cassidy S: Cephalometric Analysis of the Prader-Willi Syndrome. American Journal of Medicine. Genet., 36:484-487, 190
- 1987: Schaedel R, Flynn T, Wartenberg D: In Vivo Passage and Encapsulation of Bacteria Associated with Abscesses. Abstracts for the 56th Annual Meeting of the AADR/IADR, 1987